On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 11:22 PM, Alexander Schulz <aiqpost@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In all other cases you have to use a function as a free function with the value as a parameter. While it is not a big deal for single function calls, the chaining of functions will always lead to a reverse call order:

> This is inconvenient to read and the only thing that is required in this case is to pass the result of the function as the first parameter to the following function.

It is the other way around. Most people doing programming in any language have at least some background in mathematics and usually in other programming languages, and are familiar with functional syntax and the characteristic "reversal". It is the proposed syntax that is unfamiliar and confusing. This is best illustrated by this very thread.

Your email address is @yahoo.com, and yahoo.com does not follow common anti-spam practices, so emails from yahoo.com are routinely blocked. Your email was no exception, all I could see were replies to your email, and it was not easy to understand what the discussion was about. I had to go to my spam folder to understand your proposal.

The colon operator is already difficult for most users to grasp (I routinely see it confused with the dot operator), we do not need more weirdness.

Cheers,
V.