On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> wrote:
> If only Lua had a (reasonable) subset of the Python libraries.

Heh, that was precisely the start of the Penlight project - nostalgia
for the Python libraries. But I lost interest in staying faithful to
that mission, recognizing the differences between the languages, and
wanting to work with the strengths of Lua.

I don't doubt that it is doable, but it sounds like a lot of work that
could be futile - because why should Lua try to be a better Python?

OP was speaking about financial people, and then I think of ...
spreadsheets. And that makes me think of VBA - much easier to get VBA
people to do Lua than Python.