I'd suggest perhaps including it as an optional submodule so unless you explicitly load it, it's not used.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017, 19:26 Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
On 20 June 2017 at 01:23, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> On 20 June 2017 at 01:13, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>>   Nice.  Are you planning on supporting?
>>
>>         local testfunc = [[
>>         #include <stdio.h>
>>         #include <lua.h>
>>
>>         int TestFunc(lua_State *L)
>>         {
>>           puts("hello world!\n");
>>           return 0;
>>         }
>>         ]]
>>

> Yes a pre-processor is present. However to successfully parse header
> files many platform specific extensions have to be understood by the C
> parser, and the underlying implementation being derived from Linux
> Sparse project doesn't understand MSVC extensions.

I should also add that including Lua header files as you have shown is
probably not safe unless those header files happen to match the ones
used to build the instae of Lua. I am not sure what I will do, but my
current thinking is that Lua header contents will be automatically
included so that I can guarantee compatibility of data structures.

Regards

Ryan <vandor2012@gmail.com>
Software Developer / System Administrator
https://hashbang.sh