On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> This may help end the discussion :-)
>
>   "Developers who use spaces make more money than those who use tabs"
>
>   https://stackoverflow.blog/2017/06/15/developers-use-spaces-make-money-use-tabs/
>

> -- Roberto

Oh wow, that's a fascinating read, and it's amusing that this came out today.

I suspect the arrow of causation is that companies that pay more money
tend to have style guides that demand spaces, and I suspect that's
because very large companies settle on style guides that produce
consistent results across heterogeneous environments (and "no \t
characters" is easy to enforce) and smaller companies like recruiting
talent that worked at the bigger ones.

I know Google's style guide is strictly spaces-only for every language
I ever touched while working there.

/s/ Adam