[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Pure Lua Crypto (PLC) - new algorithms
- From: Phil Leblanc <philanc@...>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:59:23 -0400
On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 3:29 AM, Russell Haley <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Martin <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Why not add MD5 at least for historically reasons?
Hi Martin and Russ, I have added an MD5 implementation. I wrote it
from the RFC 1321 reference in Lua 5.3 instead of reusing code because
(1) it is fun (your definition of fun may vary)
(2) Lua 5.3, with its 64-bit integers, bit operators and string
pack/unpack allows to reduce a bit the gap with C implementations.
eg. on a i5 2.27 GHz laptop, this md5 hashes a 10-megabyte string in
approx. 4 seconds. Hurrah for Lua 5.3!!