If you use lua-http alongside cqueues, I personally feel it's close to being on-par with luasocket. Luasocket has a few more features that could be added by separate additional, external modules, while cqueues has a better looking asynchronous design and other features, such as threading.

On Mon, May 29, 2017, 15:51 Martin <eden_martin_fuhrspam@gmx.de> wrote:
On 05/27/2017 10:57 PM, Daurnimator wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm happy to announce the second release of lua-http.
>
> lua-http is a library that hopes to provide all HTTP operations you
> should ever need.
> In addition to all the low-level parsing and serialising operations
> you might expect,
> lua-http provides high level interfaces for writing your own HTTP
> server or performing HTTP requests.

Thank you for sharing! Going to try it in forecoming project (which
currently uses wget for retrieving file).

Is this module a concurrent for luasocket?

-- Martin

Ryan <vandor2012@gmail.com>
Software Developer / System Administrator
https://hashbang.sh