Doug Currie wrote
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 6:20 AM, Dr Eberhard Lisse <

> nospam@

> > wrote:
>
>> ... it seems to be an lgi issue as I get the
>> same when I run test programs within the lgi luarock.
>>

> I suspect lgi assumes gtk+3 is installed.
>
> For Homebrew you could try:
>
>     brew install gtk+3
>
> and if it's not installed automatically by Homebrew:
>
>     brew install gobject-introspection
>
> Please let us know if that works for you. Or does anyone else have AbsTK
> working on the Mac?

Yep. Just as Doug stated, this lgi issue is probably due the missing of
"gobject-introspection" package. I usually solve it by installing
"libgirepository1.0-dev", though. I think you should install this one I
mentioned and test. I'm pretty sure it does the job (installing
"gobject-introspection" along the way).