On 05/01/2017 12:40 PM, Sean Conner wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great Dirk Laurie once stated:
>>
>>> Problem is how to type UTF glyphs from keyboard? And this will be
>>> another language anyway.
>>
>> The system I use has a fairly easy way to configure a second
>> language on the third and fourth level. I use it for APL. Apart
>> from that, there are plenty of common characters on the compose
>> key, e.g. all accented letters, ©, ß, §, →, ⇒, —, ….
>
>   Compose key?  (Looks down at his US keyboard)
>
>   -spc (And you can pry my 25 year old IBM Modem M keyboard from my cold
> 	dead hands ... )

Well, I'm not against more glyphs and programming language whose syntax
is binded with them (like APL). They definitely improve clarity of code.
Just waiting consumer-grade (around $10) programmable keyboards with
little display on each button, showing glyph.

But for today as 70 years ago we are still typing text which later fed
to some program (compiler or interpreter).

-- Martin