> you cannot search for ideas and solutions and you cannot cooperate with people around the world. Not to speak of library usability.
This alone should be a big enough problem. If someone wants to teach kids in their native language, they should be using Scratch or something similar. If the kids are already learning English (I started when I was 7) then they know enough to write a few identifiers in it. If not, they can ask and learn both subjects at once.