On Apr 26, 2017, at 10:58 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew@starksfam.org> wrote:

> The current market for Lua, which includes all those that use it and all those that should, does not want a standard library very badly, if at all.

I do.

Sure, Lua already has a standard library; but by design it's missing almost anything you could reasonably implement in Lua. Lua is a powerful language, so it has a particularly small core/lualib.

Anyway, we don't know what the market wants because there is a coordination problem. Kickstarter solves the same basic problem, but I don't think throwing money at somebody to write and/or bless a standard library will make it so.

Or would it? Anyway, the Lua Foundation would need some money....

Jay