On Apr 19, 2017, at 12:03 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

>  os.execute("stty cbreak </dev/tty >/dev/tty 2>&1")
>  [...]
>        local key = io.read(1)
>  [...]
>  os.execute("stty -cbreak </dev/tty >/dev/tty 2>&1");
> end

In case you break out of this loop, your shell may clean up the terminal settings for you. But you may also end up in a mode where stuff like backspace and return don’t work. Too much Unix software has the same problem. The magic Unix keystrokes to fix it:

  stty sane^J

but now we may return to our regularly scheduled discussion of resource management in the face of non-local control flow.

--
Jay Carlson
nop@nop.com