I'm quite dissapointed:

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm top-posting since I don't wish to touch that.
> It looks like Perl.
>> Or you can write a very small function to build the timestamp using
>> tz_date. The usual way is to use a couple of tables. I routenly use
>> this in perl:

Of course it is perl. I usually post perl when saying that.

You may be too hooked up on the syntax. As I stated below:

>> Porting it to lua is not that difficult and left as an exercise to the
>> reader ( I can do it if you have troubles, just not now ).

I may be able to post it now ( after-lunch break, not napping ) but I
posted it because the couple of tricks used ( using an array of days
before the 1st of a month, calculating from an easy fake day like
syntethic year 0 and substracting the epoch ) may not be known ( by a
person who like the OP has trouble with dates ).

Francisco Olarte.