On 27-Mar-17 10:46, Pierre Chapuis wrote:
2) easy installation on major operating systems (with shared libraries)

Lua is already pretty easy to install everywhere except on
Windows. Because I/O is not standard today, a lot of modules
have C parts so I don't think a Lua development setup without
a C compiler is realistic. There are plenty of solutions that
are not so complicated (MinGW + luawinmulti, the Linux
subsystem, msys2...) but maybe we need something that installs
a local mingw + Lua + LuaRocks with a graphical installer to
satisfy some category of users.

Or simply precompiled DLLs, assuming this is still possible on current Windows systems.

--
  Enrico