Dear Team,

I am beginner in LUA Programming.
I wanted to write a LUA program to replace the some characters of the string by using the index places of those characters.

e.g. If String is "INDIA", then I wanted to replace the characters of the string at indexes 2, 3 & 4 with the characters with indexes 4,5 & 6 of other string " AUSTRALIA" so that my Output String will be " ITRAA".

 But I am not able to find any standard LUA Function to replace the characters of the string by using character indexes.

Please provide me with  any reference guide or any standard lua function to replace the strings in lua.

Thanks and Regards,
Naushad Mujawar