Peter Aronoff <telemachus@arpinum.org> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what was your point?

Sigh. Apologies again. I think I (too late) see your point. To be honest,
I was responding more to the reply than to your original post (which I only
skimmed because I haven’t been following the latest 100-mail debate about
whatever it’s about).

I think your point is that `write` doesn’t let you specify what filehandle
to print to. If that’s correct, it’s exactly *why* I have a small module
with convenience methods. One of those methods allows the user to pass in
a filehandle, stores away the current output setting, temporarily sets the
filehandle as output, and the restores the original output.

If my guess is right, then I see your point, but I don’t see that it
requires OO notation or a colon.

How’d I do?