Hi all!

Browsing the ref man of Lua 5.3.4 I stumbled on this.

In section 3.2 it's written:

The meaning of accesses to table fields can be changed via metatables. An access to an indexed variable t[i] is equivalent to a call gettable_event(t,i). (See §2.4 for a complete description of the gettable_event function. This function is not defined or callable in Lua. We use it here only for explanatory purposes.)

but in section 2.4 there is no mention of that "fake" gettable_event function. In fact there is no other mention to it in the whole manual!

Could it be a remnant of older reference manual versions (I faintly recall something in 5.1 manual) that escaped recent editing?

Cheers!

-- Lorenzo