On 02/23/2017 08:44 AM, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
>> But where is license, readme, usage example, self-tests via standalone
>> test system, inlined docs in source, external docs, training course
>> videos and product site? You can't just release source these days!
>
> This may sound as joke, but see this on a GNU/Linux system:
>
> ~$ /bin/true --help
> Usage: /bin/true [ignored command line arguments]
>   or:  /bin/true OPTION
> Exit with a status code indicating success.
>
>       --help     display this help and exit
>       --version  output version information and exit
>
> NOTE: your shell may have its own version of true, which usually supersedes
> the version described here.  Please refer to your shell's documentation
> for details about the options it supports.
>
> GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
> Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/true>
> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) true invocation'
> ~$ /bin/true --version
> true (GNU coreutils) 8.23
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> Written by Jim Meyering.
> ~$

This reminds me

[[
The sign said: "Hold stick near centre of its length. Moisten pointed
end in mouth. Insert in tooth space, blunt end next to gum. Use gentle
in-out motion."

"It seemed to me," said Wonko the sane, "that any civilization that had
so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed
instructions for use in a packet of toothpicks, was no longer a
civilization in which I could live and stay sane."
]]

-- Douglas Adams, "So long, and thanks for all the fish"