Hi Leonardo,

On 23 February 2017 at 15:39, Leonardo <leob@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> Compiling specialized versions of a function for specific types
> definitely gives a big performance boost. To my knowledge, it's not
> uncommon for JIT compilers to do this sort of thing. We're currently
> working on adding this to Lua Vermelha and should have a working
> prototype pretty soon.

Good to know you are continuing work on the JIT implementation using
Eclipse OMR. It would be interesting to see results from some of the
benchmarks (http://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/lua.html).

I have some results from Ravi and LuaJIT, these are posted at my website:

http://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ravi-benchmarks.html

Regards
Dibyendu