On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 1:36 AM Derek Bailey <dbaileychess@gmail.com> wrote:
See this dated, but informative, document on the NTFS filesystem:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781134(WS.10).asp

 Looks like files under 900 bytes are stored directly in the MFT. But each entry in the MFT is ~1Kb, so that means any file, no matter the contents (or lack thereof), takes at least 1Kb of space on disk.