It was thus said that the Great Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov once stated:
> > Before rolling my own: is there a module on luarocks that makes a string
> > look like a text file?
> >
> > I.e. supporting methods like "lines", "read" and "seek"?
>
> Should we make luarocks be as npm?
>
> I.e. adding every thtrr-line snippets there as a module?

  I have a few modules that are just a single function, such as Soundex [1],
the Y-combinator [2], Roman numberal conversion [3] and some other ones [4].
I've been hesitant to publish them just because of npm (well, rather the
whole npm leftpad fiasco).

  -spc

[1]	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundex

[2]	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-point_combinator#Fixed_point_combinators_in_lambda_calculus

[3]	From a number (integer) to Roman numeral (string), or from Roman
	numeral (string) to a number.

[4]	A "safestring" conversion routine, the core RFC BNF rules in LPeg, a
	function to do a hexdump, stuff like that ...