Hi Bernd,

On Feb 13, 2017, at 7:08 AM, Bernd Eggink <monoped@sudrala.de> wrote:

According to the luaposix doc, a successful call to function mkstemp() returns

    int open file descriptor

But I noticed that it also returns the created file name as second value, which is very convenient. Is it just a documentation error, in other words, can I rely on this behaviour, or not?

You can rely on this behavior.  The 'Or' in the mkstemp documentation comes a line too early - before the next release, I'll fix it to correctly read...

Returns:

    1. int open file descriptor
    1. string path to file, if successful

Or