Am 05.02.2017 um 00:03 schröbte Sean Conner:
It was thus said that the Great Philipp Janda once stated:
Anyway, I also wanted to mention a new rock that appeared recently on
LuaRocks.org, and might be of interest: lua-whereami[1], which gives you
the path to the Lua executable, so you can at least require modules
relative to the Lua executable on non-Windows machines, too ...

  [1]: https://luarocks.org/modules/jprjr/whereami

  Interesting.  Not at all how I would expected it to be done (very system
specific code for each major operating system).

LuaDist does something similar[1].

Philipp

  [1]: http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2015-06/msg00114.html