[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Roadmap for Ravi - 2017
- From: Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@...>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 14:28:52 +0000
I have been thinking about what I should do with Ravi. My first
priority is to use it in the application that I originally intended it
for - I hope to share more details of this later this year. This is a
business application in the financial sector so perhaps not very
interesting to this list.
I work on Ravi in my spare time, so none of what I list below may get
implemented in 2017.
1. I would like to add support for inlining of Lua functions.
2. A related goal is to allow a faster calling convention for C
functions that do not require the Lua state, e.g. std C functions.
3. General performance improvements in Ravi - I have been
experimenting with adding branch weights in the code to enable better
4. More type annotations - such as string, closure and more
interestingly - a userdata annotation where you can use the __name
attribute of the metatable to say what type is expected.
5. Backward compatibility with 5.1 and 5.2 as far as possible - this
is mainly so that Ravi can be used to run projects that have no plans
to upgrade to 5.3.
I would again like to thank this list for all the help over the last two years.
Thanks and Regards