It should be quite easy. The changes to the VM are minimal and mainly
handle JIT dispatch. If you're curios, you can run `make lua-patch` from
the project's root directory to get a patch file of the changes.

If you want to also modify the JIT to handle your new bytecodes, it's
going to require a bit more work. You could start by just calling out to
a function (from JITed code) that just "does the right thing".
Performance isn't great but it's enough to get things going.

If you do try to integrate this VM, I'd be very interested to know how
it works out. One of my goals has been to keep maximum compatibility
with PUC Lua.

Leonardo