Am 09.12.2016 um 08:42 schröbte p. shkadzko:
Hi All,

Hi!

I have a small script that reads and parses 2 text files. I wanted to
create a luarock which packs both the script and static resources to be
parsed. How should I organize my "build" section in rockspec file?

Currently I have the following:

 build = {
   type = "builtin",
   modules = {
       myscript = "src/lua-myscript.lua"
   },
   copy_directories = {"data"}
}

And the package dir sctructure:

lua-myscript-1.0/
    scr/
        lua-myascript.lua
    data/
        data1.txt
        data2.txt

I thought that "copy_directories" will do the work, but it didn't. The
module complains that it can't find the resources. Is there a predefined
path where luarocks installs all the "copy_directories" data? How should I
do it correctly?

The files will end up inside the rocks tree somewhere like `/usr/local/lib/luarocks/rocks-5.3/lua-myscript-1.0-1/data`. There is the [datafile][1] module which can figure out the details for you.

For the build section I'd use something like

    build = {
      type = "none",
      install = {
        bin = {