On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:

> Those of you on Unix who are running LuaRocks as a rock (i.e. those
> who previously installed using `make bootstrap`) can install it using:
>
>    luarocks install luarocks

My luarocks installation on OS X comes from the lua installed via
Homebrew. That was a while ago. Since then I have been upgrading
luarocks using the above method, and it has worked. I recently
upgraded to OS X Sierra, but now I get:

<code>
$ luarocks install luarocks

Error: Your user does not have write permissions in /usr/local
-- you may want to run as a privileged user or use your local tree with --local.
</code>

Any way to work around that, because the /usr/local/ subfolders seems
to be writable.

Deepak