On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Peter Aronoff <telemachus@arpinum.org> wrote:

Bottom line: I can see pros and cons to both approaches.

Yes, there is no easy answer. That's why I ended up creating two rockspecs for lsqite3, one dynamically linked, and one with sqlite3 built in, called lsqlite3complete. They fetch the same source repository snapshot, so it didn't complicate the repository structure or tagging. Only the rockspec differs, and one argument was added to the unit test invocation to identify the module under test.