On 11/12/2016 5:30 AM, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
On Nov 8, 2016 8:38 AM, "Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo" wrote:

 > > By all means set up a bulletin board. And a chat room. And
 > > a blog with user interaction. Then everybody can use whatever
 > > they like.
 > >
 > > Just don't close down lua-l.
 >
 > Precisely.
 >
 > This seems to be a good time to remind people about Lua at
stackoverflow:
 > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/lua
 >
 > Also in Portuguese:
 > http://pt.stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/lua
 >
 > We can now move on. Thanks.

+1

+1
When each time folks here debate mailing lists vs forums, I recall a pretty useful feature of the DJGPP mailing list: each month, IIRC there is a longish automatic post with a lot of links to resources etc, a pathfinder, if you will.

Such an auto-post will increase the visibility of major Lua resources on the internet, such as the main sites, lists, forums, IRC, stackoverflow, wiki, Paul's uses of Lua, upcoming conferences, etc. Probably much of this is already on the Lua site, but the whole point is that it is a 'information push' scheme, or advertising. It may help semi-official forums or channels increase traffic/users and become more viable as a useful entity.

Say, make it something that can be digested in 1 minute, or scanned in moments. It would be pretty useful for newbie lurkers, and others can keep a fresh copy for easy reference...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)