On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Geoff Smith <spammealot1@live.co.uk> wrote:
> I cant think of any arguments against a message board format, apart from it
> would take some time and effort to set this up. I would be interested to
> hear other peoples opinions about this and why it hasnt already happened ?

I, personally, have to be familiar with one MUA to read the mail,
using it for lua avoids having to remember how another forum software
works. AAMOF, I've stopped reading any programming tool related forum
/ message board unless I'm being paid to do it.

Mirroring the mailing list on a forum may be OK for me, but I would
stop reading it if it were migrated to just a forum / message board.
I've found all of them extremely annoying to use, very slow and
cluttered. I can dispatch reading lua-l in 10 minutes a day, my
experience says doing it on a forum takes at least 3 times longer for
me.

Also, regarding HTML formatting, I strongly dislike it, but not
because a forum as better markup options, but because I much prefer
text-only emails, I find all this coloring and boxing extremely
distracting and taking up too much screen real state ( but these may
be becuase I started using  mail in the 80x25 text only days ).

> Am I in the minority with this point of view ?

Posibly not.

Francisco Olarte.