> Hi, I am new to Lua.
> When I try to install packages for Lua, I always get the following error
> using luarocks or make.

Do you mean packages in general or only lua-hdf5?

> make[1]: Verzeichnis „/home/marcel/lua-hdf5/gcc-lua“ wird betreten
> make[2]: Verzeichnis „/home/marcel/lua-hdf5/gcc-lua/gcc“ wird betreten
> gcclua-config.h:1:24: fatal error: gcc-plugin.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis
> nicht gefunden
> compilation terminated.
> gcc -c -o gcclua.o -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/plugin/include -fPIC
> -O2 -Wall -Wformat-security -I/usr/include/lua5.1 gcclua.c
> gcclua.c:7:24: fatal error: gcc-plugin.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
> gefunden

As the error message implies, you seem to be missing the package in
your system that provides gcc-plugin.h.

LuaRocks is able to detect this kind of problems and fail gracefully
with a nice error message, but the rockspec author needs to tell it to
do so. You should contact the author of lua-hdf5 and ask them to add
an external_dependencies to their rockspec, so that the rockspec fails
gracefully when there are missing external dependencies such as this.

-- Hisham