On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:52 PM, Igor Ehrlich <iehrlich@iponweb.net> wrote:
>And, overuse of brackets...
At this point I got really curious. Could you please be more precise?

I guess technically you don't need the brackets in statements like:

if (depth == 0) {
luasdorintf("%-5i | ", stackIndex);
} else {
luasdorintf("       ", stackIndex);
}

It could be written like:

if (depth == 0)
luasdorintf("%-5i | ", stackIndex);
else
luasdorintf("       ", stackIndex);

but IMO this is a stylistic choice, and I usually prefer the former, as it prevents mistakes like:

if (depth == 0)
luasdorintf("%-5i | ", stackIndex);
else
luasdorintf("       ", stackIndex);
do_another_thing(); //oops, not conditional

Anyway, bikeshedding aside, it's been pointed out on this list before that "public domain" isn't legally recognized in some parts of the world, and you're better to use something like the MIT License (that Lua uses itself) which gives the same effect without any potential hassle for those who want to use it.

--
Sent from my Game Boy.