On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Paul Merrell <marbux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Or take it a step beyond and have end users write the documentation,
> with the end user documenter questioning the developer on how to
> perform tasks. That  approach has worked well for us on NoteCase Pro.
> The documentation is now over 1,800 pages, with step-by-step
> instructions provided for an enormous assortment of user tasks

Wow, that's an impressive documentation effort!  Traditionally we've
used wikis for that, tho they are most definitely not self organising.
(Wiki gnomes like David Manura did a lot of work behind the scenes).
Github projects can all have wikis, but a non-trivial project needs a
Librarian to keep entropy at bay. It does make user contribution
easier though.

Good documentation is measured, not just by coverage, but different
level-of-detail views. First looking at a project, you want the 10,000
metres overview, and then drill down to the details.