[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [FUN] A bit of code golfing
- From: "Soni L." <fakedme@...>
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:07:35 -0300
On 28/09/16 07:53 PM, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:
On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 1:43 AM, Soni L. <email@example.com
On 28/09/16 07:06 PM, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:
As for now, two tasks to solve:
1) Find 41-byte solution compatible with Lua 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3
2) Find 36-byte solution for latest version of Lua
OK, 36-byte solution for latest Lua version has been found (exactly as
Only one task is remaining to solve.
Try to find 41-byte solution for Lua 5.1
My solution for the remaining task is based on some Lua feature which
looks like a design bug for me.
This is a 42-byte one, but I cannot seem to find a smaller one:
Except for this one, but it returns an extra value:
function NVL(a,b)return a:gsub("^$",b)end
(Altho still passes the test cases)
Disclaimer: these emails may be made public at any given time, with or without reason. If you don't agree with this, DO NOT REPLY.