On 16/09/16 05:54 PM, Rena wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Charles Heywood <vandor2012@gmail.com <mailto:vandor2012@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work but I'm not at a computer to test.

    On Fri, Sep 16, 2016, 2:59 PM Soni L. <fakedme@gmail.com
    <mailto:fakedme@gmail.com>> wrote:

        On 17/09/16 02:18 AM, Martin wrote:

        > On 16-09-05 12:29 PM, Soni L. wrote:
        >> Lua has 4 forms of negation:
        >>
        >> -
        >> ~
        >> not
        >> ~=
        >>
        >> Yet only 2 of them can be overloaded.
        >>
        >> It's cool that Lua has 4 forms of negation tho.
        > As I understand "-" is for general numbers, "~" for integer
        numbers,
        > "not" for general logic and "~=" for equivalence logic. From
        them only
        > "~=" may be dropped and reformulated as "not ==".

        What, "~true" isn't a good replacement for "not true"? A
        boolean has a
        single bit so bitwise negation on booleans makes sense...

        --
        Disclaimer: these emails may be made public at any given time,
        with or without reason. If you don't agree with this, DO NOT

--

Just tested:

Lua 5.3.3  Copyright (C) 1994-2016 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
; ~true
stdin:1: attempt to perform bitwise operation on a boolean value
stack traceback:
stdin:1: in main chunk
[C]: in ?
; -true
stdin:1: attempt to perform arithmetic on a boolean value
stack traceback:
stdin:1: in main chunk
[C]: in ?
; not true
false

(that is the standard REPL, I just changed the prompt for convenient copy/paste.)

--
Sent from my Game Boy.

I meant it could be added and we'd lose a negation.