This week our copies of the fourth edition of Programming Lua arrived and although
I am not a Lua newcomer, I took the time to read from end to end.

I must say, this is the best PiL so far.  I truly like the overworked structure of the
book, it has become an even better introduction to the language and going
from simple concepts to more complex topics makes it an easy read, but also an
excellent reference and must have companion to the Lua reference manual found
online.

I recommend this book to anyone, whether you are new to Lua or a seasoned
Lua programmer.

- mb