Hi

In Prosody we have a library called util.stanza which deals with
building and traversing XML trees. They have the following basic structure:

{ name = 'x', attr = { foo = 'bar' }, tags = { ... }, ... }

I like this format. It is quite similar to what my original
quick-and-dirty XML parser in Lua did (except that it used 'label'
instead of 'name', 'args' instead of 'attr', and does not have 'tags').
LuaSOAP uses a similar format, which is what LuaExpat's LOM produces:
'tag' instead of 'name', the same 'attr' and does not have 'tags'.  But
LuaSOAP does not export the serializer.  Maybe it should...

Regards,
Tomás