On 23 August 2016 at 14:35, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Aapo Talvensaari
<aapo.talvensaari@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is how I did it with HTML(5ish):
> https://github.com/bungle/lua-resty-tags

Cool! First came across the idea of 'htmlification' in Orbit, which
used function environments to map unknown names onto tag constructors.
I see you've also got an explicit declaration style which I used in
Orbiter (a personal mini-Orbit).

Yes, there are a lot of similarities indeed. I wasn't aware of that Orbiter before,
but what got me trying this out was Leaf Corcoran's article:
http://leafo.net/guides/dsl-in-lua.html

(I didn't made too much effort to search for prior art before starting).

I'm pretty happy how it turned out. All the credits to Leaf for the initial ideas,
and also to people behind Lua, :-).