On 20/08/16 09:13 PM, Ross Berteig wrote:

On 8/20/2016 5:01 PM, Soni L. wrote:
My goal is to stop the threads complaining about length calculations and
holes and stuff.

If you were paying attention to the mailing list recently, you should
know we had multiple threads about tables with holes. This could be
solved by making length an unknown.

Again, no.

The threads are all started by you with some new hair-brained idea of how to change the definition of Lua and the length operator.

It has a definition.

This thread stops here.

I didn't start "C API - lua_next traversal of "array" table".

I just wanna remove any notion of array from Lua so we don't get those threads anymore.

There were also threads about iterating tables with holes and stuff a while back. They were similar to the aforementioned thread.