I'm not sure if I want to ignore the metatable's index method, though (on the account of certain things masquerading like tables, such as certain kinds of userdata). For getting the length, though, I will probably invest in a `lua_rawgeti(L, -1);` and use that as the index value (raw so that I don't run into someone's `__index` method for getting that special key in an array that symbolizes the size).