Hi, I'm looking for some help from developers who write Lua rocks. My
research group is interested in the choices package managers and
repositories are make when designing their ecosystems. Packaging and
modules systems like Node.js/NPM, Google's go language, Lua's Rocks,
Python's PyPI, make very different design choices from each other, and
they are very different (and probably informed by) older packaging
systems like Perl's CPAN. We'd like to know what the impact of those
design choices are on how you negotiate breaking changes among Lua
developers when packages depend on each other. We're also interested
in what values you think the Rocks infrastructure is trying to
optimize.

Could I ask people to take ~20 minutes of your time and fill out our
survey at http://breakingapis.org/survey? We'll report back to the Lua
community the results (or there's a sign up link to be notified when
results are out at http://breakingapis.org).

(If you work on other platforms such as Node.js/NPM, Python/PyPI,
Hackage, or something else, we're still interested -- just make a
different "software ecosystem" choice on the first page. The study is
a comparison among ecosystems; Lua is one point of comparison).