Am 07.08.2016 um 23:39 schröbte Robert Virding:
Hi,

Hi!

I implement luerl, an Lua implementation running on top of erlang/OTP (
https://github.com/rvirding/luerl), and try to keep it as compatible as I
can with standard Lua, currently Lua 5.2.

One thing I have noticed is that is skips leading "shebang" line, that is a
line which starts with "#! / ...". This is useful for scripts and for
I have tried to find it but haven't been successful.

http://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/manual.html#luaL_loadfilex

It also skips leading BOM as well.

AFAIK, the Lua manual doesn't say anything about a BOM. Maybe your C library is responsible?!

Thanks for any help,

Robert

Philipp