On 05/08/16 05:32 PM, Rain Gloom wrote:
Just do your own debug.* hacks, I'm fairly positive you can embedd some debug.getinfo and .getlocal in your _ENV's __index and do it.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com <mailto:steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch
    <mailto:tjericke@indel.ch>> wrote:
    >> Doctor, when I put the finger into my own eye it hurts!
    >
    >> Then don't put it there.

    Exactly.  Addiction to very short variable names leads to these
    symptoms.

load(string.dump(chunk, true))() --> works with proposal, fails with debug.* (not counting sandbox support, compile-time optimizations, etc)