On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Soni L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many people on this list say tables have an "array" and a "hash" part. I'd
> think a table has a "sequence" and "map" part instead.

Well, these are commonly used words which we quote - because we really
know it's not exact (like wave/particle duality).  So does the exact
words matter?  I tend to call them the 'array' and the 'map' parts
personally. 'Hash' always seemed a rather specific way of talking
about the general concept of maps. So we agree ;)