> I'm asking to forgiveness in advance, if this suggestion looks inapropriate,
> but I'd like to ask, what is your opinion about splitting meeting/conferences/
> whatever announces to separate list(s) and keeping this one for only Lua
> language-related discussions, Lua software announces and new Lua releases
> announces?

I've just checked. lua-l takes about a monrh to add 100 new threads.
Maybe 10 of them deal with LuaConf issues. One month from now,
that will drop to 1. Frankly, the traffic is not enough to justify it.

Instead, why not create a Facebook identity just for that particular
conference? Post dozens of pictures, tag who is who, etc.