> On 21 Jul 2016, at 14:03, Mikoláš Štrajt <strajt9@seznam.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> It seems that LuaDist repository [1] is not updated anymore. Many modules have not been updated for years.
>
> Can I help somehow with maintaining? I am not skilled in C development and compiling, but I think I can update already-made binaries (e.g. cdlua) and lua sources (e.g. penlight).
>
> [1]: https://github.com/LuaDist/Repository
>
> --
> Mikoláš Štrajt

Hello Mikoláš,
LuaDist modules are currently not maintained, LuaDist itself however is still developed. We are preparing release of LuaDist 2 which will be compatible with the rockspec format used in LuaRocks (only the "builtin" type). This will free us from the manual update process that LuaDist had which was unsustainable.

While LuaDist2 is not yet released we have almost all the components prepared just not yet polished and integrated.
* New Repository [1] - Contains an automatically imported list of rocks from LuaRocks which are version managed in Git as was done in LuaDist. There is a bot in place that does the import @LunaCI
* LuaDist2 [2] - The CLI that does the package installation as usual
* Bootstrap [3] - Updated bootstrap process to build LuaDist2

Most of the work on the components involved was done by Martin Šrank and Martin Kalužník and it is up to me to do the final integration. If you want to help you can contact me off the list, the work on the project usually involves a lot of testing and tewaking of the tools involves. There is no need for package maintainers now.

pd

[1] https://github.com/LuaDist2
[2] https://github.com/LuaDist2/luadist2-1
[3] https://github.com/LuaDist-core/bootstrap