On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 12:13:40PM -0300, Rodrigo Azevedo wrote:
> In face of recent (long) discussion about "Lua arrays", I would request a
> simple few lines of real world examples where the use of "Lua arrays with
> holes" is significant.

The first use case that came to mind was JSON deserializers, where the
obvious mapping of null to nil causes problems with arrays.

But I think that's irritating mostly because superficially it _seems_ like
such a trivial (and trivially fixable) mismatch between Lua and JavaScript
type semantics, but as the thread has shown it's not trivial at all. I
wouldn't use this case to argue for change in Lua.