On Jul 20, 2016, at 7:30 AM, Philipp Janda <siffiejoe@gmx.net> wrote:

IMHO, operators only make code easier to read if you have an intuitive understanding about what the operator is supposed to do and how it relates to other operators in the same _expression_ (e.g. regarding precedence). Otherwise it only makes things harder to parse (for computers and humans alike). I've recently started to look at the Lens library in Haskell which has over 100 operators, and I'd very much prefer normal functions. I think this is a typical example of code that is convenient to write when you are familiar with the library, but hell to read when you come back after a while of doing something else.

APL anyone ?

—Tim