On 17/07/16 05:05 AM, Sean Conner wrote:
It was thus said that the Great Tim Hill once stated:

I’m not being obtuse here, I just don’t see the bang for the buck.
   As I present these examples, I'm just not seeing it either, given that a
module that wants the behavior of '__key' can just return interned values.

That works fine until you want your DB's "decimal" with value 10 to access a Lua table as if it was the Lua integer 10. No amount of interning can do that. But __key can.

   -spc (__key is hard!  Let's make rockets!)