On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can live with -DLUA_NOCVTN2S if I must, but the convenience
> of being able to use table.concat on an array of numbers will be
> sorely missed, and setting a __concat metamethod for numbers
> won't bring it back.

That's exactly the problem - such assumptions are made in a lot of Lua
code out there!

I have mixed feelings about this coercion. It is not a train smash as
it is Javascript, since at least we have a separate concatenation
operator. But it does feel a little magic.  However, removing it would
be a breaking change, and although I like playing with symbolic
notation as the next guy, cute notation remains a nice-to-have.