On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Philipp Janda <siffiejoe@gmx.net> wrote:
> Why does it have to be in the standard library? You can write reasonable
> array implementations in Lua right now. Why does no one do it? I think for
> the following reasons:

I'll add another reason - they're going  to be slower, since it needs
to call out to C and not just use VM opcodes.

But, this is still useful as a aide to debugging. Then switch to fast,
and bear C.A.R Hoare in mind that disabling assertions in a production
build is like going to sea without lifeboats ;)